The site has been dormant for some time. That’s going to change. The left is going bananas in response to the election of Donald Trump, and we’re here to ensure their mental breakdowns are documents for all posterity. Lord knows the media isn’t up to the task.Leave a comment >>
Venezuela is in turmoil as students protest the destruction caused to their country by years of socialist rule and Nicolas Maduro – the hand picked successor to Chavismo – responds with violence and further oppression, all the while blaming and jailing his political opponents. Many see the situation for what it is, but plenty on the left have thrown their lot in with Venezuelan socialism, with some even doubling down in recent days despite ongoing events.
Here are 7 leftists that side with tyranny and oppression in Venezuela:
Oliver Stone: When Hugo Chavez died, Oliver Stone mourned him as “a great hero to the majority of his people.” Now, he claims protesters are “sore losers,” and compared them to Republicans “trying to block, criticize, destroy any attempt at negotiation.”
Jimmy Carter: The former Democratic President marked Chavez’s passing with a glowing statement about “a man who expressed a vision to bring profound changes to his country to benefit especially those people who had felt neglected and marginalized.” Carter offered only vague and perfunctory acknowledgement that ” we have not agreed with all of the methods followed by his government,” before assuring that “we have never doubted Hugo Chávez’s commitment to improving the lives of millions of his fellow countrymen.”
Jesse Jackson: Delivering a prayer at Chavez’s state funeral, Jackson called him a “great leader” who “fed the hungry,” “lifted the poor,” and “raised their hopes.” He also blessed Nicolas Maduro “as he picks up the baton and makes a great nation greater.”
Jose Serrano: Democratic Rep. Serrano tweeted after Chavez’s death that he “was a leader that understood the needs of the poor.”
Sean Penn: Penn said that “poor people around the world lost a champion” with the passing of Chavez. Not to worry, he assured that “Venezuela and its revolution will endure under the proven leadership of Vice President Maduro.”
Mark Lloyd: The Obama appointed diversity czar at the FCC praised Chavez’s “incredible revolution – a democratic revolution – to begin to put in place things that are going to have an impact on the people of Venezuela.”Leave a comment >>
Choose your explanation as to why MSNBC doesn’t seed more of its coverage with such reporting and scale back the volunteer lefty blather:
1) Volunteer lefty blather is cheap;
2) Volunteer lefty blather appeals to the base;
3) Volunteer lefty blather is cheap and appeals to the base;
4) Serious reporters don’t engage in cheap and indulgent lefty blather;
5) Serious reporters deliver too little differentiation with arch-competitor CNN.
Here’s some of what he saw specifically on the day he watched:
Maybe Jansing just isn’t an interruption-prone anchor. But don’t tell that to Joe Watkins, a Republican strategist who also appeared on Jansing’s show that day. The topic was gun violence, pegged to the then-imminent one-year anniversary of the Newtown massacre. Jansing opened the discussion by introducing Watkins and Mark Hannah, a Democratic analyst type.
First question went to Hannah: Were Democrats outmaneuvered over the past year by the gun lobby? Hannah offered … nearly a minute of explication, uninterrupted.
The baton then went to Watkins, who started his remarks at 10:32:39. “Nobody wants to have happen what happened in Newtown ever again, or in Colorado or anyplace where there’s been some kind of a mass shooting — Washington, D.C….,” started Watkins, almost as a throat-clearing exercise.
The ellipses are included in the quote above because Watkins was just getting started. But no: Jansing stopped him at 10:32:47, when Watkins wasn’t even 10 seconds into his opening salvo. Jansing big-footed: “You say that, but nothing’s done to change. Can I just show you some numbers…”
Sure you can, you’re the host — it’s your job to cut off the Republican guy!
Our own collection of awful quotes from MSNBC hosts and guests truly only scratches the surface.Leave a comment >>
We don’t believe in dancing on anyone’s grave, but with the coverage of Helen Thomas’ passing sure to be incredibly one-sided, it’s important that the truth be told. The long-time journalist’s history of outrageous and anti-Semitic statements shouldn’t be glossed over due to a predictable effort to lionize her by her colleagues in the liberal media.
Here are some examples of the worst of the worst from Helen Thomas:
- Thomas had a history of attacking conservative with cliche liberal emotionalism. She accused Reagan of leaving “an uncaring society” and “a government that was not as concerned.” She declared George W. Bush to be “the worst president in all of American history,” and fretted that the Roberts Supreme Court is “more conservative than it has been in decades,” as well as “meaner.”
- Thomas was reported to once proclaim “Thank God for Hezbollah,” a terrorist organization. Not surprisingly, they in turn later praised Thomas for apparently agreeing with them that “Israel is a racist state of murderers and thugs.”
- She was ousted from her job for being caught on camera telling Jews to “get the hell out of Palestine” and to “go home” to Germany and Poland. But it was neither the first nor the last time Thomas expressed such odious and historically inaccurate views on Israel. She once likened Palestinian terrorists to those who resisted Nazi occupation, and after losing her position, doubled down on Jew hate by claiming that the US is “owned by the propagandists against the Arabs,” and also saying that Israeli’s want to “come and take [Palestinian] homes and land and water and kill their children.”
Did we miss any?
Leave a comment >>